We talk more about child development stuff and our struggles, Derek rants at the music industry, and a particular children's book puts us on the topic of purity culture!
So basically, these two, even though they put on a good face (really I'm not sure they do), they want you to be sure they don't know what they're doing. They're not bad at it, but they're stumbling through life just like you are!
Tanya gets a little salty about crunchy internet moms and talks about "herps" briefly (unrelated), but then they move promptly onto what they've learned!
- Emerson is already learning about consent via tickling
- How to communicate best with Rainee, about sin and redemption
- It's difficult to have someone do your job because they'll either do it better or worse than you, and both options feel weird
- Emerson isn't really attached to nursing as much anymore! maybe...
- There's not gonna be color in the leaves this year 😢
- There is always hope for new technology
- All he wants in life is a cheesy 80s album about marriage and fidelity. (The album that got Derek on this rant, it's quite good: Head Over Heels by Chromeo
Then we quickly play an adorable clip of Rainee and her Aunt Elisa playing hide and seek.
For our main subject, we discuss a children's book called The Princess and the Kiss, a book about purity, and so starts a conversation about purity culture in general.
They forgot to mention it, but they still need voicemails. Talk to them about your thoughts on purity culture, you'll probably be in the next ep!
If you can, review us on Apple Podcasts or share the show with a friend! It helps get us into the ears of more people!
Feel free to DM us either place if you have questions or want to share your thoughts! We love to hear from you.