Fun stuff this week! Hair dye, adorable dogs, and what we never thought we’d do as parents, but totally have.
Hoo boy, these people are distracted this week. They ramble through talking about getting their hair dyed, then about Tanya’s new glasses, then something something Christmas, then back to hair dye. It’s a mess.
But eventually they get to what they’ve learned:
- Never trust a dog
- A wonderful unschooling moment with Rainee, regarding mangled fingers
- The command line on computers is actually not insane
- Felt like the 1% a little when dealing with health insurance this year.
- She's getting old
- Discovered that when her base body temp is the highest is when she's the coldest
- No matter how much you prep a toddler for a shot, it's still crazy
- Why the top of her lips peel off in the winter
- Emerson is basically Ron Swanson. Give him all the eggs and bacon you HAVE.
Listener Alyssa tells us her story via Instagram about her experience with post-partum anxiety via a miscarriage. 😢 Thanks for sharing your story, Alyssa!
Our hosts continue the trend of not talking about the cult episode by briefly mentioning that they're still getting feedback about the cult episode. Good job there, guys. 💯
And for the main topic, they talk about what they never thought they'd do as parents, but totally did. Actually, Tanya talked about that. Derek was pretty useless on the topic, and Tanya was nice enough to make it a game for him. Way to reward bad behavior.
Then, listeners, you are solicited to do Derek and Tanya's jobs for them, by asking them anything for the next show, as long as it's Christmas themed. If you want to have pity on them, go to either SetToLearn.com/Talk to leave a voice message or to Instagram to DM them. The bar is set pretty low, folks, so you have all the opportunity in the world.
If you can, review us on Apple Podcasts or share the show with a friend! It helps get us into the ears of more people!
We love to hear from you, so let us know at those places if you have questions or want to share your thoughts!